Winters attire is going to consist of bikinis, bikinis and oh yeah, bikinis.
When it comes to finding proper fitting swimsuits, that’s a job in itself but when I find one that actually fits, that’s a job and a dream come true. The struggle is real.
Thank goodness to my go-to store, Glassons provide the cutest swimwear collection. It’s bloody affordable and designs are beautiful.
I decided to go with an underwire look, aka looks like a bra, only because that’s the only type of style that fit my body type properly. I am smaller in the rib cage and a bit bigger in the bust, so the fact I found a swimsuit that I do not need to tailor I’m over the moon. I am also pumped about this suit because of its colour. If you don’t know, you know now. I am a sucker for grey. It’s the new black in my wardrobe, so once I saw that suit, instantly had a connection. There’s no padding, it could easily be passed for underwear but it’s the 21st century I guess anything goes, right? Also, the back does not tie, it’s a clasp so that means it will hold no matter how hard a wave hits you.
The bottoms are fabulous fitting. I am not a fan of the thong swimsuits or the full coverage, I like the in-between. A little bit playful and cheeky. Another small detail is that these bottoms are almost like no-show victoria secret underwear. You can hardly see the lining of them, so honestly, this could be an underwear set if you’ve skipped laundry day!!
- Top: 19.99$
- Bottoms: 16.99$
Glassons has a sale right now for swimwear, 2 for 30$. So get it while you can!! Apparently, these are the hot commodity. You can find my swimsuit right here.
Cheers to my beach bunnies!
Ah, suns out. Wait it’s still freezing… what the heck? Oh yeah, that’s spring time for ya in Auckland, unfortunately. However, with season change that means the swimmers are making an appearance as well as summer fashion. EEP!! It’s been a good while since I have had some vitamin D and my anticipation is at a high right now. These swimmers are testing me mate.
Anywho, let’s chat about what’s really important. Swimmers!! If you’re like me, petite with a bit more bust and bum, it’s quite hard to find a swimsuit that fits you properly. So if I ever stumble upon one, no matter the season, I snatch that puppy hot and quick. It’s basically finding a diamond in the rough. I found this adorable one piece from that new fav store I mentioned before, Glassons. They have a great swim line right now and not to mention the pieces are affordable as.
This piece is actually versatile surprisingly, but you know me and versatility. It makes me weak in the knees. I already had in mind to wear this even if I’m not submerging myself in the ocean because it’s that adorable. I’m a sucker for ribbed fabric and low backs. There’s something about a low back that is sexy with a touch of innocence.
We also cannot forget, that being at the ocean and the sun beaming out, sunnies are a must. I am also a sucker for sunnies. Designer, to cheap fun shades, I am all about that suns life.
I purchased both of these from a store here in Auckland. They were both 29$ and exactly what I’ve been looking for. I used to drool over those massive bug eye sunnies but now I am on the trendy train with circular and or shades that pop right half way on the bridge of your nose. Something very chic and mysterious about seeing the tops of your eyelids but not your full eye. Ugh.
FUN FACT: If you struggle with height, wearing a high cut one piece provides more extension to the legs, thus you are instantly taller. Also, purchasing patterns that go horizontally to provide more length in the torso which is flattering with a high cut hip.
Here are some similar pieces:
Round Pink Cosmo
I’ve never experienced a winter where you can wear dresses and open toe heels. It’s absurd yet totally cool all at the same time. I’m not complaining, well maybe sometimes if its really cold but that’s not the point. The point today is to share my goods that I purchased at *surprise surprise* Zara. Back story: I’ve been watching GG lately, and really have been focusing on the fashion, so I tried to stick to what would GG wear manta for this spree. Without further ado, here are my goods.
- As I start to ascend in my adult years, I am trying to wear more dresses/I really enjoy dresses heaps more now. This v-neck babydoll dress is PERFECT for layering with those chunky knit sweaters. Or if it’s a tad warmer, that crop cotton T you have will pair just as perfectly. Also, this dress reminded me of Blair and Serena put together. What do you think?
Fun fact: This dress has pockets. Sold.
- My eye was caught to the ruching of this beautiful beautiful jumpsuit. Have you ever seen a jumpsuit with chord locks?? On an even more exciting note, it fits me in vertical length as well, which never ever happens. So thank you Zara for making appropriate fitting jumpsuits for vertically challenged people. (Serena inspired)
- I’m not sure what’s been up with me, but ya girl has been really intrigued with velvet blush pink. Yah, I know, right? I made an acceptation because I told myself colour is needed in my wardrobe, thus, the shoes had to be bought. They are so fun, with them being velvet and platform as well. You can definitely rock the socks in these heels or go all nude. Winning all around. (Vanessa inspired)
I also still try to buy pieces that I can wear together instead one time. Platform shoes go really well with jumpsuits to add height if the leg is a little too long. Also, baby doll dresses look very chic with platform shoes. They create a more appropriate aged looking outfit, rather than looking 12 again.
Again cannot be more thrilled to be wearing these kind of pieces in winter. Really looking forward to rocking these velvet babes in the sunshine!!
Zara will always have a space in my closet, if not the whole closet. One day…
I love anything that is from Zara or inspired by Zara. The pieces that are made and shown in each collection are stunning. From the basics, to the wacky pieces, Zara is truly fashion to the less fortunate haha just kidding. NOT REALLY.
Lately I’ve had an obsession with tops that you can layer, surprise surprise. Zara was having a sale (I know Zara… having a sale? what?!) I had to limit myself for the sack of my sanity and my wallet, to two pieces.
- I picked this leather knitwear top, for many reasons. It is versatile from a vest, to a top, to a layered piece. 3 in 1, please come again. It can be worn at anytime for any occasion. Simple & Sweet.
- I saw this beauty enclosed between other denim but I was struck at the ruffle that I saw poking out. UM, YES. How intriguing is this top? Talk about out dressing outside the box. Pieces like this can be intimidating to some, but honestly it’s just like a basic white T. You wear the clothes, do not let the clothes wear you! Surprisingly with this top, you can go wild with the bottoms or keep it simple with all one color or fabric, DENIM ON DENIM, baby. One thing I am obsessed about this top, is you can keep the jewelry at a bare minimum and let the shirt do all the talking. #ThatSimpleLife. but truly, less is more.
on another note: why can’t we have more Zara’s in this state? I think we fashionistas should start a petition to have some more built, yes? YES.